Some people find art in the strokes of a brush over a canvas while some people find art in the carving knife of a carpenter. Isaac, however, sees art in many ways and more so from the world around him. We felt obliged to hear from the man personally about his views.
Fancy a sky view for your abode? Get it right here.
1. First thing first, what lured you into picking up the pen/pencil/brush/charcoal for the first time?
If you do check out my store, most of my products are of photography. Well, I did take up art classes during high school when I was form 3. It was my dream at that time to become an architect and so I thought it would be a great idea to take up some classes.
2. What keeps your creativity tank full and ready to go each time you create something new?
I only create things when I have ideas, perhaps because I am not a full time designer. However, I am always alert and pay attention to things around me. When there is something that intrigue me, I never miss a chance to capture it.
3. What are your tools of trade and would you recommend them to fellow artists?
It might be a surprise to you but most of my photos were taken using mobile phones. They work really great nowadays, no joke. While for ‘The Eagle Eye’, it was created using Samsung S Note application on galaxy tablet. It’s a little time consuming and I am working on a few more of them. Do check it out at our store.
4. What is the most memorable place you’ve found inspiration for your next artwork at and do you frequently go there for more ideas?
I don’t have a specific place to search for inspiration. I always take chance in every places I go. Home is a good place to create them.
Get “The Eagle Eye” on print here!
5. Out of all the artworks that you have produced thus far, would you happen to have a favorite amongst them that you consider to be your baby?
One of my favorite artworks is ‘The Eagle Eye’. It just looks really beautiful to me.
6. What are your thoughts on Printcious? Feel free to comment on before and after joining us.
I think joining Printcious has helped me gained some confidence. Whenever there’s a sale, it gives me some sense of achievement.
7. Do you find yourself able to benefit from Printcious’ Designer Program and would you recommend it to other artists out there that are still finding a Malaysian platform to sell their artworks?
Yes. I would love to recommend the program to my friends. It’s a good platform for people who loves art to showcase their talent and at the same time learn from each other. Besides, it can be an extra source of income for some as well.
What a sight for sore eyes. Forget about the concrete jungle around you and get a whiff of fresh air here.
8. Printcious is now internatonal! What do you feel about the possibilities of your artworks travelling the world?
Wow! That’s cool. It would be great if I get to know which of my sales is international.
9. Lastly, we’re letting you promote your designer store in your own words. No word limits, go for it!
Oh. It’s called Isaac’s Giftery, just in case you are not aware of it. Most of the artworks are of photograph. Each of them has its own story and often represent my state of mind at the moment. Inspiration comes from my everyday life. Do check out my store to find out more.
We’d like to thank Isaac for being a part of our Q&A session and sharing his insights. We hope to see more creations from him in the future!
If you find yourself intrigued by any of the designers on Printcious, drop a request at email@example.com and we’ll do a scoop just for you.
Articles That Might Interest You