There is no right and wrong in creating art and we agree wholeheartedly with our featured designer this week. Meet Durgaalakhsmei, the wonderful designer who brought us black and white abstract designs through her online designer store on Printcious, 8Gallery.
1. First thing first, what lured you into picking up the pen/pencil/brush/charcoal for the first time?
Being grown with my mother who is also interested in the art field made me to try my ability in drawing too.
2. What keeps your creativity tank full and ready to go each time you create something new?
Constantly getting inspirations from things around me and practicing it to enhance my skills.
3. What are your tools of trade and would you recommend them to fellow artists?
Keep practicing if you are not really good in drawing because one day the results will show off well.
4. What is the most memorable place you’ve found inspiration for your next artwork at and do you frequently go there for more ideas?
There is no specific place that i find inspiration as everything i look at is an inspiration and it can just come randomly at anytime.However if I am about to find inspiration I would love to go out of the house and look at the surroundings instead of just sitting in a place.
5. Out of all the artworks that you have produced thus far, would you happen to have a favorite amongst them that you consider to be your baby?
I would say it’s the dreamcatcher doodle art and my ‘Joker’ Drawing.
6. What are your thoughts on Printcious? Feel free to comment on before and after joining us.
It is a good platform for rising artist such as us to showcase our talent and sell our artworks to earn too at the same time.
7. Do you find yourself able to benefit from Printcious’ Designer Program and would you recommend it to other artists out there that are still finding a Malaysian platform to sell their artworks?
So far I would say yes even though it is a slow process of earning but still it is a highly recommended platform for junior artists to rely on.
8. Printcious is now international! What do you feel about the possibilities of your artworks travelling the world?
That is really wonderful and I would be really happy and proud if one of my artworks is to be known all over the world.
9. Lastly, we’re letting you promote your designer store in your own words. No word limits, go for it!
A store that you might like for all the different kind of art forms,let it be realistic art or doodles.My artworks are usually very intricate, ornate but can be simply understood by everyone. I hope my designs in my store can inspire everyone in some way.
10. Thank you very much for participating in this Q&A session. We wish you further growth & success in the near future!
You’re welcome and thank you too for having me as part of this community.
Articles That Might Interest You